IndiGo Airlines pilot arrested for airhostess’ suicideJune 12th, 2008 - 11:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 12 (IANS) The Mumbai police Thursday arrested an IndiGo Airlines pilot in connection with last week’s suicide by airhostess Suchitra Anand. The accused, Arjun Menon, has been charged with abetting Anand’s suicide, following a complaint by her brother, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone IX) Niket Kaushik told IANS Thursday.
The 25-year old Anand was found hanging from the ceiling of her room in the five-star Hotel Palm Grove in Juhu locality of northwest Mumbai last Saturday.
However, Kaushik declined to divulge details of the complaint lodged by Anand’s brother or how Menon has been accused of “abetting” her suicide.
It is also not clear whether the airhostess left behind any suicide note.
Menon’s probable involvement in the case came after the police checked the recordings of closed-circuit television cameras installed in the hotel.
“All this is a matter of police investigations and I cannot comment on it right now,” said Kaushik.
- Haryana minister Gopal Kanda resigns - Aug 05, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Court issues warrant against Kanda - Aug 16, 2012
- Four arrested in connection with suicide of 17-year-old girl - Sep 14, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda - Aug 17, 2012
- Dead Delhi scribe's lover surrenders in Jharkhand - Jun 05, 2012
- Ex-flight attendant's suicide: Victim's photos, laptop seized - Aug 06, 2012
- Court denies anticipatory bail to Kanda (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- Suicide notes are not gospel truth: Kanda lawyer - Aug 14, 2012
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Police hunt for Facebook lover for girlfriend's suicide - Sep 22, 2011
- BJP MP's daughter's bag with Rs.1.5 lakh stolen from fair - Oct 03, 2011
- Bail of Kanda's brother extended in dud cheque case - Sep 21, 2012
- Police book education group's chairman - Jul 13, 2011
- Kanda admitted to hospital, condition stable (Second Lead) - Aug 30, 2012