India’s who’s who tweet on Narang’s featJuly 30th, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 30 (IANS) From star cricketers to leading Bollywood personalities, congratulatory messages poured in thick and fast on the virtual world for shooter Gagan Narang, who clinched the bronze medal in the men’s 10-metre air rifle event of the London Olympics here Monday.
Star Indian cricketers Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Zaheer Khan and skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni all saluted Narang.
“Gagan Narang, you make us proud by winning the first medal in Olympics 2012. Let’s hope & pray that we follow it up by achieving many more,” Tweeted Tendulkar.
“Congratulations to Gagan on winning the medal and making all the INDIANS proud, many more to come,” was Dhoni’s post.
“Loud cheer for Gagan Narang for bringing India’s 1st medal, huge moment finally at the podium, Hard luck Bindra U r still a champ,” posted Yuvraj.
The others from sporting fraternity to celebrate the moment included Olympian silver medallist shooter Rajyavardhan Rathore and tennis star Sania Mirza.
Not to be left out, movie stars also pitched in with their messages hailing Narang’s feat.
Critically acclaimed director Madhur Bhandarkar and Southern superstar Mohan Lal all congratulated and celebrated India’s first medal from the Games.
“And Gagan Narang gets India our first Olympic Medal! Moment of pride for the nation and Team,” tweeted actress Deepika Padukone.
Others from the film world included actors Rahul Bose, Farhan Akhtar, Parineeti Chopra and Sonam Kapoor.
Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi was also quick to post a message: “Great news from London! Congratulations to Gagan Narang for bringing home an Olympic medal!”
Union Sports minister Ajay Maken also congratulated Narang.
- You make us proud: Sachin lavishes praise on Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- India hails Olympic silver medallist Sushil Kumar - Aug 12, 2012
- Narang's bronze will motivate Indian athletes: Maken (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Andhra governor congratulates Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Narang's medal will inspire other Indian athletes: Maken - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan wins bronze, Saina advances (Intro Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
- Olympics: President congratulates Vijay on winning silver - Aug 04, 2012
- It has been a roller-coaster ride, says Gagan Narang - Aug 08, 2012
- India will aim at 25 medals in 2020 Olympics - Aug 16, 2012
- He promised me a medal: Vijay's father - Aug 03, 2012
- PM congratulates Gagan Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Andhra celebrates second bronze medal at Olympics - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Bindra fails to qualify, Narang makes final - Jul 30, 2012
- Cash award to Bindra for Asian shooting gold - Jan 18, 2012
- CWG Shooting: Champion shooters pull crowds to the range - Oct 06, 2010
Tags: congratulatory messages, deepika padukone, dhoni, farhan akhtar, gagan, indian cricketers, london olympics, loud cheer, mohan lal, narendra modi, olympic medal, olympics 2012, rahul bose, rajyavardhan rathore, sachin tendulkar, sania mirza, sonam kapoor, union sports, yuvraj singh, zaheer khan