India’s Religare in tie-up with Bahrain bankSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 23 (IANS) The Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait (BBK) has entered into an agreement with leading Indian financial group Religare to provide portfolio management services (PMS) to expatriate Indians in Bahrain and Kuwait.The agreement was signed between the Bahrain-based BBK and Religare at Manama, according to a BBK statement.
“With Religare, we saw a window of opportunity for our NRI (non-resident Indian) relationships to be able to invest back home,” said Ashish Sarkar, BBK’s assistant general manager and head of PMS.
“When the service is backed by a sound investment research and smart portfolio strategy, we are sanguine it will serve the specific financial goals of our discerning customers,” he added.
Religare’s head of PMS Rajesh Samtani said his company tied up with BBK because the latter had a strong reach with the expatriate Indian community in Bahrain and Kuwait.
“We recognise the potential of this region and we are very glad that BBK agreed to back us as we want to be the investment gateway to India,” he said.
There are around 290,000 expatriate Indians in Bahrain and 550,000 in Kuwait.
- Geojit BNP Paribas in JV with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait - Aug 08, 2011
- Goan expats want state to host mini-NRI football World Cup - Jul 16, 2012
- SBI teams with Geojit BNP Paribas for NRI stocks investments - Jun 04, 2012
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- Qatar NRIs welcome voting rights, but confused about logistics - Mar 18, 2011
- Geojit to focus on portfolio management services - Jun 09, 2010
- Independence Day celebrated in Kuwait (With Images) - Aug 15, 2011
- Bahrain-based NRI takes over DPS-promoted school - Aug 10, 2008
- Stanchart Bahrain launches new product for expat Indians - Jul 15, 2008
- GCC troops arrive in Bahrain to maintain order (Lead) - Mar 14, 2011
- Bangladeshis say being forced to take part in Bahrain pro government rally - Mar 18, 2011
- West Bengal to set up NRI cell to attract investment - May 28, 2011
- ICICI Direct launches futures trading for Gulf Indians - Oct 06, 2008
- India condemns bomb attack in Bahrain, all Indians safe - Apr 13, 2012
- India, Bahrain to sign labour welfare pact after Ramadan - Aug 31, 2008