India’s ODI series to Sri Lanka to start Jan 28January 16th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 16 (IANS) India’s five-match One-day series against Sri Lanka will begin in Dambulla Jan 28.India will arrive in Sri Lanka Jan 26. The first two one-dayers will be played in Dambulla (Jan 28 and 30), while the remaining three games will be held in Colombo on (Feb 2, 5 and 8).
The only Twenty20 international in the hastily arranged series will be played in Colombo Feb 10, according to a media release by Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
All matches will be played under lights apart from the fifth one-dayer, the release said.
The series was scheduled after India cancelled its tour to Pakistan in January-February following the Mumbai terror attacks.
Sri Lanka will also play three ODIs with Pakistan starting Jan 21 before coming back home to host India. The Island nation will again fly back to Pakistan in February to play two Tests.
Schedule (India vs Sri Lanka)
Jan 28: Ist One-dayer, Dambulla (day/night)
Jan 30: 2nd One-dayer, Dambulla (d/n)
Feb 2: 3rd One-dayer, Premadasa Stadium, Colombo (d/n)
Feb 5: 4th one-dayer, Premadasa Stadium, Colombo (d/n)
Feb 8: 5th one-dayer, Sinhalese Sports Club, Colombo
Feb 10: Twenty20, Premadasa Stadium, Colombo (d/n)
- Indian cricket team arrives in Colombo for ODI series - Jan 26, 2009
- India beat Sri Lanka by 5 wickets - Jul 29, 2012
- Mendis is not a threat for us: Dhoni - Jan 26, 2009
- Sachin's 100 international hundreds - Mar 16, 2012
- PM hopes Indian team will keep up good work in WC final - Apr 01, 2011
- Sri Lanka calls for TV, radio sponsorship bids for Indian series - Jan 16, 2009
- India need a whitewash of Sri Lanka to be No. 1 ODI team - Jul 19, 2012
- Pakistan cricket team to tour Sri Lanka in June - Apr 30, 2012
- Indo-Lankan final: Maha Govt. declares Apr. 2 a holiday - Mar 31, 2011
- World Cup final: Sri Lanka wins toss, elects to bat first - Apr 02, 2011
- President Rajapaksa prays for Lankan team ahead of WC final - Apr 02, 2011
- Sri Lanka bat in third ODI - Jul 28, 2012
- Sony, Ten Sports compete to clinch India cricket series - Jan 18, 2009
- New Zealand to host Zimbabwe next year - Jun 24, 2011
- iStream Bags internet rights for India-Sri Lanka series - Jul 18, 2012