India’s exports surge 82 percent in JulySeptember 1st, 2011 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) India’s exports surged 81.79 percent to $29.34 billion in July as compared to $16.14 billion during the corresponding month of the previous year, official data showed Thursday.
Cumulative value of exports for April-July jumped 53.98 percent at $108.34 billion as against $70.36 billion during the like period last year, according to data released by the ministry of commerce and industry.
Imports grew 51.52 percent to $40.42 billion in July, resulting in the monthly trade deficit of $11.08 billion.
Total value of exports during the first four months of 2011-12 fiscal rose to $151.04 billion as compared to $107.88 billion during the like period in the previous fiscal, registering a growth of 40 percent.
With the rise in imports and exports, trade deficit has also increased. During April-July period trade deficit rose to $42.69 billion, as compared to $37.52 billion during the corresponding period of last year.
In July, oil imports amounted to $11.44 billion, 37.02 percent increase year-on-year, while non-oil imports rose 58.12 percent at $28.98 billion.
Oil imports during April-July were valued at $41.97 billion, 22.72 percent higher year-on-year. Total value of non-oil imports during April-July were $109.06 billion, 48.03 percent higher than the level of such imports valued at $73.68 billion during the corresponding period last year.
- India's exports slump 14.8 percent in July - Sep 03, 2012
- India's export growth slows in October - Dec 01, 2011
- India's exports drop by 5.45 percent in June - Aug 01, 2012
- India's September exports grow 36 percent to $24.82 bn - Nov 01, 2011
- India's exports rise 44 percent in August; deficit widens to $14 bn - Oct 03, 2011
- India's May exports rise 56.93 percent - Jul 01, 2011
- India's exports growth diminishes - Apr 02, 2012
- India's July exports dip 14 percent - Aug 14, 2012
- India's exports rise 26.5 percent in November - Jan 03, 2011
- India's merchandise exports up 13 percent in July - Sep 01, 2010
- April exports up 34 percent, trade deficit at $8.9 bn - Jun 01, 2011
- India's exports up 46 percent in June - Aug 01, 2011
- India's exports fall in May - Jul 02, 2012
- India's exports rose 6.71 percent to $25 bn in December - Feb 01, 2012
- India's exports rise 36.4 percent in December - Feb 01, 2011