India’s corrupt leaders will be ousted like Gaddafi: RamdevFebruary 26th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Feb 26 (IANS) Baba Ramdev envisions a Libya-like popular revolution in India in which the corrupt leaders will be ousted from power like Muammar Gaddafi, the slain long-time ruler of the north African country.
Speaking to reporters here Sunday after his day-long fast against “corruption, black money and illegal mining”, Ramdev also said that one family and one party had been responsible for bankruptcy and looting of India.
“Those corrupt people who are in power, will be wiped off like Gaddafi. Only there, people used violence, while I am advocating democratic means,” Ramdev said.
In a veiled reference to the Gandhi family and the Congress, Ramdev said that “one family and one party” had been responsible for looting India and making it bankrupt ever since independence.
“I refuse to name them because our elders have taught me not to utter names of bad people,” Ramdev said.
Calling the assembly polls in the five states of Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Punjab and Goa as the “semi final before the Lok Sabha elections”, Ramdev said that the Congress would be 100 per cent routed out of Uttarakhand and Goa.
“In UP they (Congress) will not rise above fifty (seats) at any cost. We only hope they can at least fulfil their role as an opposition party in honesty and sincerely,” Ramdev said.
Ramdev also backed Team Anna activist Arvind Kejriwal’s comments on parliament, which both the Congress and the BJP have condemned as disrespectful to the country’s apex legislative body.
“He said that there are murders, rapists and looters sitting in parliament. They called it disrespectful of parliament. But when you have looters sitting in parliament, is that not an insult to the parliament?” Ramdev said.
“There can be objection on the language or words used by Kejriwal but his contention is absolutely right,” he added.
Addressing a public rally in Greater Noida Sunday, Kejriwal said: “There are criminals, rapists and murderers running our Parliament. I think our Parliament has become a problem for us.”
- Have not said anything wrong, says Kejriwal - Mar 26, 2012
- Privilege notice issued to Arvind Kejriwal - Mar 17, 2012
- Kejriwal defends his remarks about politicians - Feb 27, 2012
- Kejriwal's 'rapist-MPs' remark draws Congress, BJP ire - Feb 26, 2012
- Kejriwal's name missing from voters list - Feb 28, 2012
- Kejriwal's 'rapist-MPs' remark angers politicians (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Rift mars Anna-Ramdev joint fast against corruption (Third Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Will not campaign against any party: Team Anna - Jan 20, 2012
- Rift mars Ramdev-Anna show, PM targeted over graft inaction (Intro Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
- Rift mars Ramdev-Anna show, PM targeted over graft inaction (Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
- Sonia hits out at Team Anna, commits Lokpal (Roundup) - Nov 09, 2011
- Ramdev ends fast, targets PM; Congress hits back (Second Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Team Anna slams parties, warns public to be aware (Lead) - Feb 26, 2012
- Ramdev-Anna alliance will not lead to results: Samajwadi Party - Jun 03, 2012
- Party organisation weak in UP: Sonia (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: arvind kejriwal, assembly polls, bjp, black money, contention, corrupt leaders, gandhi, goa, insult, legislative body, lok sabha elections, looters, manipur, muammar gaddafi, murd, opposition party, public rally, punjab, ramdev, rapists