India’s 26/11 evidence ‘insufficient’, says Pakistan probe agencyJanuary 31st, 2009 - 12:57 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 31 (IANS) Pakistan’s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), in its report to the interior ministry on the Mumbai attacks, has termed as insufficient the evidence provided by India of the involvement of elements from this country, a media report Saturday said.The FIA report would be made public after a point-to-point discussion in a high-level joint meeting of top officials of the interior and law ministries to be held at the interior ministry Saturday), The News said.
In an initial meeting, the main features of the report would be discussed, with FIA chief Tariq Khosa elaborating on the key points of the report.
“The report termed the evidences of the Mumbai attacks provided by India insufficient,” the newspaper quoted sources as saying and added: “However, the FIA covered every aspect of the investigation before giving its final opinion about the episode.”
The interior ministry had set up a three-member panel under the FIA chief to examine a dossier submitted by India pointing to the 10 Mumbai attackers being Pakistani citizens.
More than 170 people, including 26 foreigners, were killed in the 26/11 attack and over 300 injured.
“On the basis of the information provided by India on the Mumbai incident, the FIA team has submitted its report to Rehman Malik, Adviser on Interior,” an official spokesman said Friday night.
The report has been handed over to the secretary interior for further examination in consultation with the law ministry, the spokesman said, adding that the response will be shared with the Indian government through diplomatic channels after completing the legal process as soon as possible.
Pakistan, the spokesman said, “stands committed to bring the perpetrators to justice… Media is requested not to speculate on the outcome of the enquiry till it is made public.”
- Pakistan to again seek access to 26/11 witnesses - Jan 28, 2011
- Pakistani probe agency saw 5 chiefs in 30 months - Jun 22, 2011
- Pakistan terms Indias response to 30 questions as irrelevant and away from target - Mar 18, 2009
- Pakistan not in favour of discussing Mumbai attack - Jun 17, 2011
- Pak to respond on latest Indian dossier on 26/11 next week: Malik - Sep 13, 2009
- Pakistan asked to act against elements linked to 26/11: Krishna - Aug 03, 2011
- Pakistan's response on Mumbai attacks dossier likely Jan 29 (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- Pakistan says it has completed Mumbai terror attack probe - May 12, 2009
- 26/11 attack: Pakistani judicial panel to visit India - Jan 20, 2012
- Pakistani commission to visit India in 26/11 case (lead) - Jan 20, 2012
- Pakistan should have acted against Saeed: Chidambaram - Mar 02, 2010
- Pak Supreme Court seeks report over detained Indian fishermen - Aug 13, 2010
- Pakistan threatens to block Google - Sep 19, 2011
- Text of India, Pakistan joint statement - Mar 29, 2011
- Pak terms Gilani-Manmohan meeting as 'new opening' for resolution of disputes - Apr 01, 2011