Indians safe in quake-hit TurkeyOctober 24th, 2011 - 3:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 24 (IANS) All Indians are safe in Turkey that was rocked by a massive earthquake, the government said Monday.
“As per information available with the Indian embassy in Ankara, Indian nationals are reportedly safe,” the external affairs ministry said here.
There are around 300 Indians in Turkey.
The Indian embassy has also set up a helpline to help Indians.
The helplines are: Phone: +90 530 4403216 (during office hours); +90 5303142200 (outside office hours). They can also be contacted at email@example.com
At least 138 bodies have been found after a magnitude-7.2 earthquake hit Turkey’s southeastern Van province Sunday, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said early Monday.
More than 350 people were injured in the quake, he told Turkey’s TRT television.
- Turkey quake toll rises to 582 - Oct 29, 2011
- Turkey quake toll rises to 523 - Oct 27, 2011
- 1,000 feared killed as major quake jolts Turkey - Oct 23, 2011
- Turkey quake toll reaches 279 - Oct 25, 2011
- Turkey's top army officials resign - Jul 30, 2011
- Abu Dhabi prince meets Turkish leaders - Feb 29, 2012
- Turkey offers to dramatically increase sale of military hardware to Pak - Dec 08, 2010
- Ansari to go to Turkey Monday, focus on trade - Oct 08, 2011
- Turkey role model for Islamic states: Gilani - May 22, 2012
- Turkish teenager rescued after four days - Oct 28, 2011
- Israeli government the problem, not the people: Turkish PM - Oct 03, 2011
- Turkish nationals urged to leave Syria - Mar 16, 2012
- Toll in Turkey quake rises to 459 - Oct 26, 2011
- Turkey launches military operations in northern Iraq - Oct 21, 2011
- Turkey, Kyrgyzstan to lift visa restrictions - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: ankara, early monday, external affairs ministry, helpline, helplines, indian embassy, indian nationals, indians, magnitude, massive earthquake, New Delhi, prime minister recep tayyip, prime minister recep tayyip erdogan, quake, recep tayyip erdogan, trt television, turkey