Indians make a clean sweep at South Asian shootingNovember 24th, 2008 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 24 (IANS) Indian shooters made a clean sweep as they won all the nine individual medals at stake in the three events Monday in the ongoing 4th South Asian Shooting Championships in Islamabad. India also won all the three gold medals in the team events.
Shweta Chowdhry won the gold in the women’s 25m sports pistol event with a score of 766.6. The silver went to Annuraj Singh (766.5 points) while Anisa Syed won the bronze with 759.7 points.
In the 50m free pistol event, Satendra Kumar won the gold (647.8 pts) while Viraj Singh (635.5 pts), took the silver. Omkar Singh won the bronze (634.8 pts).
Radhika Barale shot a score of 495.3 to win the gold in the women’s 10m air rifle event. The silver and bronze went to Priya Aggarwal and Lajja Goswami.
India’s medal tally so far is 12 gold, 11 silver and 5 bronze medals.
- Asian Shooting: Heena misses Olympic berth by fraction of a point - Jan 16, 2012
- Junior world champion Noria replaces Rathore in CWG shooting squad - Sep 01, 2010
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- India bags four golds on second day of C'wealth shooting (Roundup) - Feb 20, 2010
- India start Commonwealth Shooting campaign with two golds - Feb 19, 2010
- CWG: Omkar Singh wins gold medal in 50 m Pistol - Oct 06, 2010
- Awards, promotions for railwaymen winning Games medals - Oct 06, 2010
- Wrestler Anil wins fifth gold for India, beats Australian in 96kg category finals - Oct 05, 2010
- Weightlifter Renu Bala Chanu wins ninth gold for India in CWG - Oct 06, 2010
- CWG: Tejaswani, Lajjakumari win silver medal in 50m rifle - Oct 05, 2010
- Indian shooters aim to cross Melbourne medal tally - Sep 12, 2010
- Shooters, wrestlers bag 5 gold, 2 silver for India (Evening Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Indian women athletes, shooters help country retain No.2 position in CWG on Day-9 - Oct 13, 2010
- Asian shooting: India win silver and two bronze in team events - Jan 14, 2012
- National Games: Gurumit Singh of Jharkhand wins gold in 20 km walk - Feb 17, 2011