Indian woman’s honeymoon murder: Police think hubby is gayJuly 11th, 2011 - 7:50 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 11 (IANS) Indian-origin woman Anni Dewani, who was killed during her honeymoon in South Africa, cried herself to sleep alone on a sofa on their wedding day after her husband refused to have sex with her, leading to suspicions that he is gay.
Shrien Dewani, Anni’s husband and a suspect in her murder, told the 28-year-old woman they must not have sex until after a ceremony in Mumbai, The Sun reported.
Before her death in Cape Town, Anni had sent texts to people calling her 31-year-old husband a “monster” and had also mentioned the word “divorce”.
South African police are now reportedly convinced Shrien Dewani, a businessman from Bristol, led a gay double life. He ordered hitmen to kill his young wife when she threatened to end their marriage.
Dewani has denied any involvement in the murder. He also termed as “ludicrous” claims that he paid a “rent boy” for sex.
Another “gay lover” of Dewani has reportedly told police of a fling with the businessman.
Police were also investigating claims that Dewani regularly visited a gay club in Vauxhall, south London, where clients wear kinky rubber or leather outfits.
A London court is hearing an extradition case against Dewani.
- Honeymoon murder victim was worried, says her father - Jan 03, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Shrien Dewani to be extradited to South Africa - Aug 10, 2011
- German man says he had sex with honeymoon murder accused - Dec 15, 2010
- Husband plotted Indian woman's murder with text messages - Jul 12, 2011
- Anni Dewani's ashes immersed in Swedish lake - May 16, 2011
- Indian-origin woman's killer down with cancer - Jul 13, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Husband may not have plotted killing (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Man arrested for Indian-origin wife's murder - Dec 08, 2010
- Indian-origin honeymooning woman raped before murder? - May 14, 2011
- Escort claims Shrien Dewani paid him for kinky sex sessions - Dec 15, 2010
- Indian honeymoon killer resists extradition to South Africa - Dec 14, 2011
- Honeymoon murder: Indian origin accused held for violent outburst - Apr 12, 2011
- Dewani murder case: Accused husband attempts suicide - Feb 22, 2011
- Indian-origin man linked to another murder in South Africa - Dec 13, 2010
- Dewani murder: Prosecution chief terms husband 'murderer' - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: businessman, cape town, dewani, extradition case, fling, gay club, gay london, gay lover, hubby, indian origin, indian woman, leather outfits, london court, old woman, rent boy, south african police, south london, vauxhall, wedding day, young wife