Indian woman dies in Sharjah apartment fire

January 17th, 2009 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS  

Dubai, Jan 17 (IANS) A fire at an apartment building in Sharjah claimed the life of an Indian woman while five members of her family had to be hospitalised.The 27-year-old Indian woman died due to asphyxiation after the fire caused by a short circuit broke out in the family’s apartment in the Al Badawi building in the Al Nahda area of Sharjah late Friday afternoon.

The woman’s 40-year-old husband who sustained burn injuries and four children who were affected by smoke inhalation had to be hospitalised, according to the Khaleej Times newspaper Saturday.

Other occupants of the building were evacuated after police teams rushed to the spot on receiving the news.

The identity of the Indian family was not announced yet.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe