Indian warship thwarts piracy attempt in Gulf of AdenMay 29th, 2009 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) Indian Navy’s warship INS Talwar has thwarted a piracy attempt against a merchant vessel carrying Indian crew in the Gulf of Aden and nabbed six pirates, a naval official said here Friday.
INS Talwar Thursday afternoon received a distress call from a Liberian flag vessel MV Maud that eight pirates were approaching the ship in a skiff.
The warship immediately sent a helicopter and small boats to prevent the piracy attempt, the official added.
- Indian warship thwarts pirate attack on Greek vessel - Jul 19, 2011
- Navy thwarts pirate attack on two cargo ships - Sep 26, 2011
- Indian Navy foils another piracy attempt - Nov 11, 2011
- Thai Navy disrupts Somali pirate attack on Liberian-flagged vessel - Nov 01, 2010
- Malta-flagged vessel seized by pirates in the Gulf of Aden - Sep 09, 2010
- Bahamas-flagged merchant vessel escapes pirate attack - Nov 17, 2010
- Indian Navy warship deployed near Somali coast to free sailors - Apr 19, 2011
- Indian warship foils fourth piracy bid in Gulf of Aden (Lead, With Images) - May 29, 2009
- Indian marine commandos chase pirate ship away from Arabian Sea - Nov 30, 2010
- Indian Navy thwarts pirate attack; rescues Chinese vessel, crew (Lead, with Images) - May 06, 2011
- Ship unresponsive, Indian Navy calls off escort (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- Indian Navy arrests 61 pirates, rescues 13 sailors - Mar 14, 2011
- Menacing pirate mother vessel neutralized by Indian Navy and Coast Guard - Jan 29, 2011
- Time to frame rules to protect our fisherfolk (Comment) - Jul 23, 2012
- Indian Navy foils piracy attempt on foreign vessel - Dec 20, 2009