Indian taking siesta dies as fire devours office

June 18th, 2008 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS  

Dubai, June 18 (IANS) An Indian businessman in Qatar died after a fire broke out in his office while he was taking a siesta. Mohammad Fariz, in his 30s, was taking a short nap in his office in the Industrial Area of Doha when the fire broke out due to a short circuit Tuesday afternoon.

According to local media reports, the fire devoured the entire office building before Fariz could escape.

Though firefighters rushed to the scene, they could not save him. His body was later shifted to the Hamad Medical Centre mortuary.

A resident of Doha for 14 years, Fariz was managing partner of Gurudex Building Materials Company and hailed from Paluvai in Kerala’s Thrissur district.

The deceased’s relatives told reporters that efforts were on to send the body to Kerala.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |