Indian swimmer Khade qualifies for 2012 OlympicsJuly 27th, 2011 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) Indian swimmer Virdhawal Khade has qualified for the 2012 London Olympics in the 100-metre freestyle event at the 14th FINA World Championships in Shanghai Wednesday.
Khade clocked 50.34s and is the second Indian to qualify for the Olympics.
Sandeep Sejwal was the first swimmer to qualify for the 2012 mega event in the 100 metres breaststroke event.
Following their phenomenal performances at the World Championships, Khade and Sejwal now continue to be part of the Top 150 list. Khade is ranked 122 in the 50m butterfly event while Sandeep is 128th in the 100m breaststroke event.
Sharath Gayakwad earlier qualified for the London Paralympics 2012 in the 100m breaststroke event.
- Indian swimmers win gold, not Olympic berth - Jul 06, 2011
- Gagan sole Indian representative in swimming at London - Jul 07, 2012
- Swimmers ready to break CWG medal jinx - Sep 22, 2010
- CWG swimming: Khade, Sejwal qualify for semi-finals - Oct 05, 2010
- Asian Games swimming: No medals for India on last day - Nov 18, 2010
- 76 Indians qualify for Olympics, more likely - Jun 12, 2012
- CWG swimming: Indian men qualify for 4x100m freestyle relay - Oct 04, 2010
- Asian Games Swimming: Veerdhawal misses medal by a whisker in 50m freestyle - Nov 15, 2010
- Shooters, wrestlers bag 5 gold, 2 silver for India (Evening Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- National Games: Swimmer Richa Mishra finishes with 16 medals - Feb 19, 2011
- CWG schedule: Day Six - Oct 09, 2010
- Asian Games swimming: Khade creates history in pool after 24 years (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- Thorpe's Olympics bid fails at Australian trials - Mar 18, 2012
- Two Pakistani swimmers allowed to compete in Olympics - Jun 09, 2012
- China set to challenge US dominance in pool - Jul 11, 2012
Tags: 100m breaststroke, 2012 london olympics, 2012 olympics, butterfly, fina world championships, metre freestyle, New Delhi, olympics, paralympics, qualify for the olympics, shanghai, sharath, swimmer