Indian outsourcing industry to grow 23.2 percent: ReportApril 12th, 2011 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 12 (IANS) The business process outsourcing (BPO) market in India will expand by 23.2 percent in 2011 to reach a size of $1.4 billion, compared to $1.1 billion a year ago, a study by global IT research firm Gartner said Tuesday.
“Changing demographics, increasing affluence and economic growth in Asia-Pacific continues to drive shared services and BPO adoption, especially in Australia, India, Southeast Asia and China,” Gartner’s research director T.J. Singh said.
“Buyers continue to invest in services that deliver scalable and consistent services across their geographical presence,” he added.
The study also forecasts that the BPO market will grow to $1.69 billion by 2012 and $2.47 billion by 2014.
According to the study, India is one of the fastest growing BPO markets in the region. However, the largest BPO country market is Australia, which is more than three times larger than India, the second-largest consumer of BPO services.
Banking and financial services, communications, government (both local and federal), technology and travel and transportation have been largest consumers of BPO services in the region.
Over the past three years, many established India-based BPO service providers and US and Europe-based multinational BPO service providers have started focusing on the Indian domestic market.
In the past, these providers focused primarily on the international or offshore market. Some of the local providers include Omnia, Kenkei, Androemeda, Genpact, Magus, MphasiS, Intelenet Global Services, Tech Mahindra, Aegis, Spanco and HTMT.
- India, China to see growth in BPO sector by 2015 - Aug 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh gets first BPO call centre - Jun 16, 2010
- A karmic love story that begins and ends with India (Lead, Superseding previous story) - Feb 28, 2012
- 141 mn people to use mobiles for payments: Gartner - Jul 21, 2011
- IT spending in India to grow 9 percent by 2012 at $79.8 bn - Nov 21, 2011
- '2.7 bn consumers in developing countries dairy industry's next big opportunity' - May 07, 2012
- Mphasis to buy out Fortify Infrastructure Services firm - Apr 08, 2010
- Infosys to expand back office operations in Poland - Sep 06, 2010
- HP launches solutions for SMBs - Jul 05, 2012
- Content aimed at rural masses can make MVAS a $10 bn industry - Jul 08, 2012
- India's spending on green IT to double by 2015, says report - Sep 19, 2011
- More BPO service providers will exit market: Gartner - Sep 30, 2009
- Intel chips to power servers for cloud computing - Jul 15, 2011
- TCS arm targets $1 bn revenue by 2015 - Aug 19, 2011
- Indian BPOs' revenues will be doubled by 2010: Gartner - Apr 20, 2009
Tags: aegis, affluence, asia pacific, australia india, banking and financial services, bpo services, business process outsourcing, consistent services, gartner, genpact, geographical presence, htmt, intelenet global services, offshore market, outsourcing industry, research director, southeast asia, spanco, study india, tech mahindra