Indian-origin woman who took sick leave of 850 days quitsApril 28th, 2011 - 3:48 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 28 (IANS) An Indian-origin police woman in Britain, who took nearly 850 days sick leave due to stress, has resigned. She would “go off sick, return to work and then go absent again”, a media report said.
Hina Parekh, 43, took 848 days of sick leave, averaging just five shifts a month on the beat.
The Sun reported that senior officers took up her “unsatisfactory” attendance after an audit showed she averaged almost 170 sick leaves a year.
She, however, resigned before she could be sacked.
“Hina should have been dealt with a long time ago but the force was nervous.
“Everyone had to work harder on her relief because she wasn’t there and taxpayers were left picking up her wages.
“She’d go off sick, return to work and then go absent again,” a source was quoted as saying.
- Racial abuse: Indian-origin policewoman resigns in Britain - Apr 28, 2011
- Unhappy workers develop back pain - Apr 23, 2012
- Bipasha's dubbing woes! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- China lowers Everest guard for Mumbai teen (With Images) - Jun 02, 2011
- Paula Abdul gets upset when 'X-Factor' contestant drops his pants - Sep 23, 2011
- White House intern Molly DeWolf Swenson tries for American Idol - Jan 29, 2011
- Nervousness is good, says Pulkit Samrat - Mar 30, 2012
- Sreeram has velvet voice: Shaan (Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Chicken on flight makes Indian origin vegetarian sick - Aug 24, 2011
- Corrie's Rosie will be left devastated - Jan 26, 2011
- Comics are recent mythology, says 'Spider-Man' actress Emma (With Images) - Jun 16, 2012
- Shammi Kapoor was like a mentor to me: Asha Parekh - Aug 17, 2011
- Supreme Court allows Ketan Parekh to go aboard (Lead) - Oct 01, 2010
- Court orders guidelines to protect nurses - Jul 20, 2011
- American Idol 10th Season Premiere - Jan 19 - Jan 20, 2011