Indian Navy deploys four Dornier aircraft in SingaporeJune 14th, 2010 - 10:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jun 14 (IANS) The Indian Navy Monday deployed four Dornier aircraft for a four-day surveillance exercise in Singaporean waters, where four Indian warships are currently operating.
“The Dornier aircraft have been deployed in Singapore and will remain there for three to four days to carry out coordinated surveillance sorties,” Indian Navy spokesperson Commander P.V.S. Satish told IANS.
He said the transport-cum-patrol aircraft would assist the four Indian Navy ships which are currently in Singapore on their way back home after over a month-long deployment in east Asian waters.
The Indian Navy’s guided missile destroyers INS Rana and INS Ranjit and two other ships, missile corvette INS Kulish and fleet tanker INS Jyoti are in Singapore.
The four aircraft would participate in exercises the Indian Navy would be conducting with its Singaporean counterpart.
The ships, during the deployment, have undertaken passage exercises with the navies of various countries including Indonesia, Australia and Singapore.
The ships also made port calls at Haiphong in Vietnam, Manila in Phillipines, Muara in Brunei, Bangkok in Thailand, Fremantle in Australia and Port Kelang in Malaysia.
The warships of the Visakhapatnam-based Eastern Fleet based are sailing under the Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet, Rear Admiral P.N. Murugesan.
- Indian Navy ships in Jakarata on eastward deployment - May 25, 2010
- Indian warships visit China after six years - Jun 14, 2012
- Indian warships wrap up China visit - Jun 19, 2012
- India, Turkey navy wargames begin Sunday - Jul 07, 2011
- Indian warships to sail through South China Sea - May 04, 2012
- Ahead of naval war game, Antony reviews national security - Feb 06, 2012
- India's third indigenous stealth frigate commissioning July 21 - Jun 25, 2012
- Indian Navy deploys western fleet ships on a goodwill visit - Aug 20, 2010
- Singapore, Indian Navies conduct naval exercise - Mar 24, 2011
- India-Singapore annual naval exercise begins Saturday - Apr 02, 2010
- Indian, Singaporean navies hold war game in China's backyard - Mar 24, 2011
- Antony to commission Indian-built warship Saturday - Jul 20, 2012
- President reviews naval fleet (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- India inducts third indigenous stealth frigate (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Show of might at president's naval fleet review Dec 20 - Dec 15, 2011
Tags: dornier aircraft, east asian waters, eastern fleet, flag officer, fleet tanker, guided missile, haiphong, indian navy, kulish, missile corvette, missile destroyers, muara, navies, navy ships, patrol aircraft, port kelang, ranjit, rear admiral, satish, warships