Indian Mujahideen warns of terror attacks in MumbaiSeptember 14th, 2008 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) The Indian Mujahideen, which has claimed the responsibility for the serial terror blasts in Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Jaipur, killing at least 130 people in a span of four months, has now threatened to carry out attacks in India’s financial capital - Mumbai.Accusing Mumbai Police’s Anti-Terrorism Squad of harassing Muslims, the Indian Mujahideen, believed to be a front strike unit of the banned Students’ Islamic Movement of India (SIMI), said in its email that it was closely watching the ATS.
“You should know that your acts are not at all left unnoticed; rather we are closely keeping an eye on you and just waiting for the proper time to execute your bloodshed. We are aware of your recent night raids at Ansarnagar, Mograpada in Andheri and the harassment and trouble you created there for the Muslims,” the group said in the email.
IANS has a copy of the email sent to various media houses Saturday evening when five synchronised explosions at popular markets and business hubs in New Delhi claimed 21 lives.
“You threatened to murder them and your mischief went to such an extent that you even dared to abuse and insult Maulana Mahmood-ul-Hasan Qasmi and even misbehaved with the Muslim women and children there.
“If this is the degree to which your arrogance has reached, and if you think that by these stunts you can scare us, then let the Indian Mujahideen warn all the people of Mumbai that whatever deadly attacks you will face in future, the only responsible elements for it will be the Mumbai ATS and their guardians: Vilasrao Deshmukh and R.R. Patil.
“You are already on our hit-list and this time very very seriously.”
The terror outfit also threatened to target a senior Rajasthan police official.
“Let us notify you, as we did to the Gujarat police that all the Mujahideen who shook Jaipur are absolutely safe and secure, and are heavily preparing for our next targets, one of which is A.K. Jain - the DIG (deputy inspector general) of Rajasthan.
Jain has been instrumental in arresting several SIMI members in Rajasthan in connection with the May 13 serial blasts in Jaipur.
The mail bears two signatures at the end, GuruAlhindi and Al-Arbi.
- Indian Mujahideen claims responsibility for Varanasi blast - Dec 07, 2010
- Indian Mujahideen threatens Commonwealth Games (Lead) - Sep 19, 2010
- Indian Mujahideen vows to sabotage Commonwealth Games - Sep 19, 2010
- Indian Mujahideen, who? when? where? - Jul 28, 2008
- IM e-mail tracked to Mumbai: Police sources - Dec 08, 2010
- E-mail threatening Delhi attacks traced to Mumbai's Borivali area - Sep 21, 2010
- Indian Mujahideen targeting Darbhanga for recruits? - Apr 03, 2012
- Muslims appeal for peace -- post Ayodhya verdict - Sep 17, 2010
- Centre extends ban on SIMI for two more years - Feb 05, 2010
- Bhatkal brothers behind Varansi blast: Police (Lead) - Dec 08, 2010
- Indian Mujahideen hideouts raided for leads in Mumbai blasts probe - Jul 15, 2011
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Third deadly strike by little known Indian Mujahideen - Jul 26, 2008
- Varanasi terror e-mails tracked to Navi Mumbai - Dec 08, 2010
- Home-grown terror a new reality: Chidambaram - Aug 04, 2011