Indian missile test makes a splash in Pakistani websitesApril 19th, 2012 - 11:57 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 19 (IANS) Pakistani websites prominently displayed the news of India successfully testing the Agni-V minutes after the long-range nuclear capable ballistic missile was launched.
India Thursday test-fired the Agni-V missile that can accurately hit targets more than 5,000 km away. With this launch, India entered an exclusive club of nations that have this capability.
The News International carried an agency story with the headline “India successfully tests Agni-V missile”. An accompanying photograph was of an Agni missile that was showcased during a Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
Pakistan’s leading daily Dawn ran an agency story “India tests long-range nuclear-capable missile: source”. The story cited a defence source as saying that missile was capable of delivering a one-tonne nuclear warhead anywhere in China.
The accompanying photograph was of the Agni-V blasting-off in India’s Orissa state.
- World media looks at Indian missile through China prism - Apr 20, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable missile (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Agni-V missile successfully tested - Apr 19, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires n-capable missile (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Agni-V can reach targets 8,000 km away: Chinese researcher - Apr 20, 2012
- India tests 5,000-km range Agni-V missile (Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- 5,000-km Agni-V missile test in February - Nov 16, 2011
- Beijing downplays India's missile launch - Apr 19, 2012
- No cap on Agni missile project: India - Apr 20, 2012
- PM hails Agni-V milestone - Apr 19, 2012
- 5,000-km Agni-V missile propels India into elite club (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- India creates history, tests 5,000 km Agni-V missile (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Agni-V can hit targets 8,000 km away, says Chinese expert (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Agni-V test likely in a month - Feb 28, 2012
- PM briefed about Agni-V, India's future missile programme - Apr 21, 2012
Tags: agni missile, ballistic missile, capability, capable missile, china, dawn, india tests, indian missile test, islamabad, launch, New Delhi, news international, nuclear warhead, one tonne, orissa state, pakistan, pakistani websites, photograph, republic day, targets