Indian markets take a dive on openingMarch 2nd, 2009 - 11:44 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 2 (IANS) Indian equities markets plunged at the opening bell Monday with a key index 2.36 percent lower than its last closing figure.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) opened at 8,762.88 points, lower than its 8,891.61 point close Friday. About 10 minutes into trade, it was at 8,689.85 points, 2.27 percent or 201.76 points lower than its previous close.
Similarly, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,694.6 points, 2.5 percent down from its last close of 2,763.65.
The BSE midcap index was one percent lower, while the BSE smallcap index was down 0.48 percent.
- Markets move south, Sensex 284 points down (Third Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Markets slip further in afternoon trade (Second Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Sensex rises 202 points on positive global cues - Sep 07, 2011
- Indian markets dip on profit booking (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points down on weak European cues (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex closes lower for third consecutive day (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Dismal start to trading week, Sensex dives 3.2 percent (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2009
- Sensex up 95 points, makes third straight week of gains (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- Sensex flat in noon trade, broader markets up - Apr 01, 2011
- Indian markets plummet as global cues weaken (Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Indian equities markets down, Sensex edges lower (Roundup) - Jul 15, 2011
- Asian cues help Sensex rise 245 points in noon trade - Jan 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 155 points lower (Second Lead) - May 02, 2011
- Sensex up 1 percent in morning session - Mar 30, 2011
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012