Indian markets slip, Sensex drops marginallyFebruary 27th, 2009 - 11:47 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 27 (IANS) Indian equities markets fell at opening bell Friday with a key index ruling 0.43 percent lower than its last closing figure.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) opened at 8,944.11 points, marginally lower than its 8,954.86 point close Thursday. About 10 minutes into trade, it was at 8,915.97 points, 0.43 percent or 32.24 points lower than its previous close.
Similarly, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,772.30 points, 0.48 percent down from its last close of 2,785.65.
The BSE midcap index was 0.11 percent higher, while the BSE smallcap index was up 0.43 percent.
- Sensex closes flat ahead of inflation data (Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Sensex closes dull, IT, metal stocks lose (Second Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex up 75 points, investors take a breather (Roundup) - Feb 14, 2012
- Sensex edges lower in early trade - Jan 28, 2011
- Markets close lower, Sensex sheds 0.71 percent (Third Lead) - Feb 27, 2009
- Sensex closes 84 points up ahead of rate review, budget (Roundup) - Mar 12, 2012
- Sensex slips further in noon trade (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Sensex weak in morning trade - Sep 23, 2010
- Sensex closes 85 points up, Bharti drags (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2012
- Markets fall further in afternoon trade (Second Lead) - Feb 27, 2009
- Sensex down almost 75 points - Aug 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 74 points lower (Second Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Profit booking continues at Indian markets - Feb 23, 2012
- Sensex slips sharply in afternoon trade - Dec 16, 2011
- Sensex down 82 points as bank, oil and gas stocks tumble - Jul 20, 2012