Indian markets open steadyJanuary 28th, 2009 - 12:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 28 (IANS) Indian equities markets made a steady beginning Wednesday, with a key index starting higher than its last closing figure.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened at 9,077.65 points, higher than its 9,004.08 point close Tuesday. After about 10 minutes of trading, it was at 9,112.94 points, 1.21 percent or 108.86 points higher than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,802.3 points, 1.12 percent higher than its previous close of 2,771.35.
The BSE midcap index was up 0.79 percent, while the BSE smallcap index was 0.65 percent higher than its previous close.
- Markets hold firm in morning trade (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex gains further, banking, realty gains (Lead) - Jan 31, 2012
- Sensex at seven-month high, closes 139 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 86 points higher; realty, IT index up (Roundup) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex down 73 points in volatile trade - Oct 31, 2011
- Sensex closes dull, IT, metal stocks lose (Second Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex builds on morning gains, up 370 points in afternoon (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Sensex closes 115 points up (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex eases 75 points up, realty, energy scrips rise (Roundup) - Jun 07, 2011
- Sensex slips after touching 18,000 points - Mar 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 139 points lower (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Sensex posts handsome gains for second straight day (Lead) - Aug 19, 2010