Indian markets open in the redMarch 3rd, 2009 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 3 (IANS) Indian equities markets dipped marginally at the opening bell Tuesday with a key index 0.62 percent lower than its last closing figure.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) opened at 8,583.06 points, lower than its 8,607.08 point close Monday. About 10 minutes into trade, it was at 8,553.91 points, 0.62 percent or 53.17 points lower than its previous close.
Similarly, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,664.4 points, 0.38 percent down from its last close of 2,674.6.
The BSE midcap index was 0.57 percent lower, while the BSE smallcap index was down 0.21 percent.
- Sensex at seven-month high, closes 139 points higher (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Sensex moves up in early trade - Dec 02, 2010
- Sensex closes 112 points lower (Lead) - Feb 23, 2011
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Markets close flat as traders await monetary policy (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Sensex closes 45 points down, realty, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Sensex down 73 points in volatile trade - Oct 31, 2011
- Markets under pressure, Sensex closes 168 points down (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Sensex ends dull, broader markets slip too (Second Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Sensex closes 138 points lower (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Sensex slips towards closing bell (Third Lead) - Sep 02, 2009
- Markets move south, Sensex 284 points down (Third Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Sensex nudges up as traders take a breather after Tuesday rally - Jan 11, 2012
- Sensex rises 285 points, snaps four-day fall (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sensex ends with 85 point gain, ignores gloomy Euro bourses (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2010