Indian Maharajah’s Rolls-Royce up for sale at 850,000 poundsApril 12th, 2011 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 12 (IANS) A Rolls-Royce with gull-wing doors owned by an Indian Maharajah has gone on sale for a hopping 850,000 pounds, a media report said Tuesday.
The super car, with the number plate ‘Cexi’, was customised from a 2005 Rolls-Royce. The four-seater Phantom DC Concept was designed by its wealthy owner, the Daily Mail reported on its website. The car can reach speeds of 130 mph - over 200 km per hour.
The Maharajah was not named.
It is decked out in chrome, flashy red leather, walnut dashboard, DVD screens and 22-inch alloy wheels. After four years of ownership, it seems the Maharajah is ready to part ways with his extraordinary creation, the Mail said.
According to sellers Sparkscars.com, based in west London, the motor has caused quite a sensation among car enthusiasts. They received 16,800 hits on their website in just one weekend after posting a picture of it.
Garage owner Vaughan Davis said: “The current owner is a motor fanatic who has probably owned every single type of car ever made.”
“He currently has a collection of around 50 cars, including this Rolls-Royce Concept, which he designed himself and had built for him. He has created something quite incredible.”
“It’s such a unique model that we’ve had interest from all over the world.”
- Rolls-Royce unveils latest model - Oct 05, 2011
- Rolls-Royce returns to the city of Nizams - Dec 07, 2011
- A royal scratch that would cost her $29,800 - Feb 08, 2012
- Rolls-Royce bags $12.6-mn Indian order for buoy vessel - Aug 22, 2012
- Udaipur's vintage Rolls-Royce wins US trophy (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- 2010 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe Now At Reduced Price - Jun 23, 2010
- `Baby Rolls' preview in Geneva - Mar 04, 2009
- China's Geely plans to make world's cheapest car - May 19, 2010
- Rolls Royce opens office in Abu Dhabi - Dec 13, 2011
- A 23-passenger-Superbus that can travel at 155mph! - Apr 14, 2011
- Rolls Royce's Spirit of Ecstasy turns 100 this year - Feb 07, 2011
- US rap artists opting for less flashy cars - Aug 18, 2010
- Rolls-Royce, HAL setting up aero engines production facility - Dec 07, 2011
- Khloe Kardashian gifts husband Lamar Odom a $440,000 worth Rolls Royce - Jun 23, 2010
- Rolls Royce previews Phantom Coupe in Delhi - Feb 28, 2009
Tags: 50 cars, alloy wheels, car enthusiasts, cexi, daily mail, garage owner, gull wing doors, inch alloy wheels, maharajah, red leather, rolls royce, screens, sensation, walnut dashboard, wealthy owner, west london