Indian Institute of Information Technology to be set up in ChhattisgarhMay 31st, 2008 - 8:45 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, May 31 (IANS) The central government will set up a world-class Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Chhattisgarh, for which the state government will offer land soon. The state’s Bharatiya Janata Party government said Saturday that the central government has agreed to open a world class IIIT in the state and the site will be chosen by the state government shortly.
“The state government thanks Minister of State for Power and Commerce Jairam Ramesh for announcing at a function held Friday at Sipat in Bilaspur district to set up an IIIT in Chhattisgarh,” a government press statement said.
“The state government will soon provide the location for the new IIIT as the announcement was made by the central minister as per the initiatives taken by Chief Minister Raman Singh April 20 when they had a meeting in Raipur,” the statement read.
Officials said that the state government may offer a massive plot for the IIIT in Naya Raipur where the government is presently developing a new satellite town that will replace Raipur as the new state capital of Chhattisgarh, probably by 2011.
Naya Raipur, about 20 km east of here and located between national highways 6 and 43, will be spread out over 8,000 hectares.
- Coming up in Chhattisgarh: India's 21st century city - Jul 13, 2010
- Public hearing on Polavaram irrigation project - Mar 16, 2011
- Chhattisgarh's new 660 MW plant to start by December - Oct 09, 2010
- Chhattisgarh to set up SEZs - Jan 07, 2011
- Northeast India's first IIIT coming up in Tripura - Jun 08, 2012
- Incentives to give up land for new Chhattisgarh city - Sep 10, 2009
- NTPC commissions 660 MW supercritical unit in Chhattisgarh - Jun 28, 2011
- One-fourth of Chhattisgarh's new capital will be green - Jul 20, 2010
- Funds no problem for Maoist-hit areas: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Chhattisgarh rail corridor project report finalised - Feb 14, 2012
- Chhattisgarh opposes Andhra irrigation project - Mar 09, 2011
- Bastar to get central tribal varsity - Jul 15, 2012
- Centre approves setting up of 20 new IIITs on public private partnership - Mar 04, 2011
- Power producer starts first supercritical tech unit - Feb 24, 2011
- Chhattisgarh IPS officer dies of cardiac arrest - Apr 03, 2012