Indian held for Nepal bus bomb attack in MarchApril 13th, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Kathmandu, April 13 (IANS) An Indian national has been arrested along with two accomplices for an attack on a packed public bus in Nepal that killed two and injured over two dozen passengers late March, police said Wednesday.
The Indian, a 40-year-old man who gave his name as Islam Musalman, was paraded by police along with the two other perpetrators, Prashant Pandey, 26, and Raj Kumar Chauhan, 19.
Police said the three men were arrested for leading a bomb attack on a bus heading from Bhairahawa in southern Nepal to Butwal in Rupandehi district March 27.
The explosion occurred around evening, damaging the bus badly and killing one of the passengers on the spot. A second passenger died of his injuries in a hospital.
The blast also injured 28 other passengers.
(Sudeshna Sarkar can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Five dead, 19 injured in Nepal accident - Jun 04, 2012
- Fear grows as Nepal church escapes bomb attack - Aug 29, 2011
- At least 7 Indians killed in Nepal plane crash (Second Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Maharashtra corporator's killer nabbed in Lucknow - Jun 02, 2012
- 13 Indians die in Nepal air crash (Third Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Nepal police arrest Mumbai blast suspect: Report - Jul 26, 2011
- Bikers chop off man's arm in Nepal road rage - Aug 03, 2010
- Indian gangster behind new murder attempt in Nepal - Jun 26, 2011
- Dozens feared dead in Nepal bus mishap - Sep 06, 2010
- India shutdown saves Nepal villagers' lives - Jul 07, 2010
- 29 die in Nepal bus accident - Sep 11, 2012
- Bus passengers lynch robber in Mexico - May 25, 2012
- Suspected terrorist held in Nepal - Jun 27, 2010
- Nepal's Buddhist nuns rally behind gangraped 'sister' - Aug 03, 2011
- Gangraped Buddhist nun faces new ordeal in Nepal (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011