Indian equity markets open lower, keep fallingDecember 23rd, 2008 - 12:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 23 (IANS) Indian equity markets opened lower Tuesday and kept falling, with a key index more than 150 points below Monday’s close, almost an hour into trading.Weak markets in the US and elsewhere in Asia seemed to have prompted the slide in Indian equities as well.
The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened the day at 9,821.57 points, against Monday’s close at 9,928.35 points. Almost an hour later, it had dropped further to 9,773.25 points, 155.1 points or 1.56 percent below Monday’s close.
The midcap and smallcap indices of the BSE were also in the red.
- Sensex loses 340 points to close below 18,000 (Second Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Sensex below 18,000 as selling intensifies (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Indian equities fall sharply, with losses across sectors (Lead) - Dec 23, 2008
- Sensex slips into red in choppy trade - Dec 27, 2011
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 254 points higher (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 60 points down (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sensex rises 285 points, snaps four-day fall (Roundup) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 173 points lower (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Indian equities shoot up in morning trade - Jan 03, 2012
- Weak start to week for Sensex - Jan 31, 2011
- Sensex slips in red; Maruti, RIL slump (Second Lead) - Dec 22, 2010
- Sensex closes 156 points higher (Second Lead) - Mar 24, 2011
- Markets rise on CRR cut, Sensex closes tad below 17,000 (Third Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Sensex falls below 18,000 in early trade - May 25, 2011