Indian equities open strongFebruary 6th, 2009 - 11:59 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 6 (IANS) Indian markets opened on a positive note Friday, with a key index starting trade higher than its last closing figure.The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) started at 9,161.49 points, higher than its 9,090.88-point close Thursday. After about 10 minutes of trading, it was at 9,185 points, 1.04 percent or 94.12 points higher than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,814.45 points, 1.24 percent higher than its previous close of 2,780.05.
Broader market indices like the BSE midcap index was 0.62 percent higher, while the BSE smallcap index was up 0.71 percent.
- Markets close lower (Third Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex continues to trade lacklustre, RIL soars (Lead) - Jan 18, 2012
- Sensex rises in early trade - Jan 12, 2011
- Sensex in green; realty, power stocks gain - Jan 13, 2012
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Choppy trading at Indian equities after outlook downgrade - Apr 26, 2012
- Sensex rises, capital goods, metal and IT stocks buying picks up - May 15, 2012
- Sensex slips in morning trade - Jan 06, 2012
- Sensex closes quiet as GDP numbers disappoint (Roundup) - Feb 29, 2012
- Sensex starts week on strong footing - Feb 06, 2012
- Sensex rises in early trade, broader markets gain too - Apr 06, 2011
- Sensex reverses early losses, broader markets up too (Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Sensex rises 31 points; oil and gas, PSU stocks up - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 85 points up, Bharti drags (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2012