Indian equities make a weak startFebruary 12th, 2009 - 12:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 12 (IANS) Indian equities markets started in negative terrain Thursday with a key index falling at the opening bell.
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) opened at 9,559.03 points, lower than its 9,618.54 point close Wednesday. About 10 minutes into trade, it was at 9,552.37 points, 0.69 percent or 66.17 points lower than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,915.65 points, 0.34 percent lower than its previous close of 2,925.7.
However, the BSE midcap index was 0.89 percent higher, while the BSE smallcap index was up 0.48 percent.
- Markets continue to slip in afternoon trade (Second Lead) - Feb 12, 2009
- Markets slip in morning trade (Lead) - Feb 12, 2009
- Sensex flat in noon trade, broader markets up - Apr 01, 2011
- Sensex closes 169 points up, broader markets do better (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2011
- Sensex ruling moderately higher as rate cut hopes fade - Mar 12, 2012
- Sensex extends losses on week European cues (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Roundup) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 76 points lower (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Sensex down 146.58 points during noon trade - May 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 357 points up amid positive global cues (Roundup) - Mar 09, 2012
- Sensex closes 85 points up, Bharti drags (Roundup) - Feb 08, 2012
- Sensex slips 136 points, consumer durables, banking stocks lose (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex starts new year on positive note - Jan 03, 2011
- Sensex consolidates below 20,000 points (Roundup) - Sep 29, 2010
- Sensex closes 135 points lower (Lead) - Apr 08, 2011