Indian equities fall at opening bellFebruary 11th, 2009 - 11:58 am ICT by IANS
The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Sensitive Index (Sensex) opened at 9,462.14 points, lower than its 9,647.47 point close Tuesday. About 10 minutes into trade, it was at 9,536.08 points, 1.24 percent or 119.38 points lower than its previous close.
At the same time, the S&P CNX Nifty index of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was at 2,908 points, 0.9 percent lower than its previous close of 2,934.5.
The BSE midcap index was one percent lower, while the BSE smallcap index was down 0.44 percent.
- Markets continue in the red in afternoon (Second Lead) - Feb 11, 2009
- Markets stay in the red as global cues weaken (Lead) - Feb 11, 2009
- Indian stock markets begin 2012 on negative note - Jan 02, 2012
- Sensex closes 0.5 percent lower (Second Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex dull in early trade - Jan 13, 2011
- Sensex rallies in last hour, closes 160 points higher (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex slips below 18,000 points - Feb 24, 2012
- Backed by global cues, Sensex closes 276 points higher (Roundup) - Jan 17, 2012
- Sensex slips in early trade - Sep 29, 2011
- Sensex edges up but ends lower for second consecutive week (Roundup) - Mar 02, 2012
- Sensex continues with upswing, 120 points higher at noon - Jan 20, 2012
- Sensex zooms 123 points up, FII interest intact (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex subdued, banking, realty stocks under pressure - Feb 22, 2012