Indian equities end tad lower amid weak sentiments (Third Lead)January 13th, 2009 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 13 (IANS) Indian equities which remained weak during most of Tuesday made a slight recovery as trading drew helping a key index to end the day with a marginal loss of 0.31 percent over its previous close.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was down 0.31 percent or 28.02 points at 9,082.03 points at closing bell. The index had opened lower at 9,042.36 points, compared with Monday’s close of 9,110.05 points.
The broader S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) also slipped into the red to end trade at 2,744 points, or 1.02 percent lower.
Other market indices like the BSE’s midcap index lost 1.33 percent, while the smallcap index shed 1.47 percent.
- Sensex 52 points up; IT, power stocks high (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Sensex rises 31 points; oil and gas, PSU stocks up - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 139 points lower (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Sensex languishes in afternoon trade - Mar 29, 2012
- Sensex continues subdued; realty, consumer durables stocks lose (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressure - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex rises 74 points, IT, auto stocks up - Sep 12, 2012
- Sensex tanks 120 points, metal, capital goods stocks down - Sep 05, 2012
- Another market fall at opening bell - Jan 13, 2009
- Sensex manages to end 3-day losing streak, nudges up 55 points (Roundup) - May 19, 2011
- Sensex down 73 points in volatile trade - Oct 31, 2011
- Sensex edges lower for the second day in choppy trade (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
- Sensex slips 120 points; banking, capital goods stocks fall (Roundup) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex zooms 123 points up, FII interest intact (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2012
- Day before expiry, Sensex loses 216 points (Roundup) - Oct 27, 2010