Indian equities crash on weak global cues (Lead)October 27th, 2008 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 27 (IANS) A key Indian equities index fell below the 8,000-point mark as the bear hug continued Monday on the back of overall panic and weak global cues.The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened lower at 8,599.58 points and moved up to 8,739.48 points, some 15 minutes into trading. But nervousness set in soon after, and pulled the index down to 7,985.07 points 45 minutes post noon.
At that level, the 30-share bellwether index was ruling at a loss of 715.64 points, or 8.22 percent.
At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader S&P CNX Nifty was ruling at 2335.75 points, with a loss of 9.61 percent.
- Indian equities crash to three-year low, recover (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2008
- Indian equities crash to three-year low on Diwali-eve, recover (Round-up) - Oct 27, 2008
- Indian equities fall further on weak global cues - Oct 27, 2008
- Sensex closes 254 points higher (Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Indian markets quiet ahead of monetary policy - Jan 23, 2012
- Sensex slips in morning trade - Jan 06, 2012
- Sensex plummets in morning trade - May 17, 2010
- Sensex pares early losses - Oct 20, 2010
- Sensex falls 100 points on weak Asian cues - Apr 04, 2012
- Sensex holding on to gains, Asian cues positive (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Sensex loses 340 points to close below 18,000 (Second Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Sensex recovers, closes 165 points up on value buying (Roundup) - Mar 23, 2012
- Sensex closes 286 points higher amid positive global cues (Roundup) - Jul 22, 2011
- Sensex back in green after shedding 104 points in early trade - Sep 08, 2010
- Sensex in red, realty, banking under selling - Mar 26, 2012