Indian delegation to visit UK for expanding trade tiesJune 27th, 2011 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 27 (IANS) A business delegation from the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will visit Britain this week for talks with top government officials on deepening trade ties.
“The CII mission includes structured formats for discussions on key topics of manufacturing, advanced technology, and innovation with leading UK business leaders and institutions,” the industry forum said in a statement Monday.
The delegation will be in London June 29-30.
According to the statement, the delegation would hold talks with top government officials at the forum — ‘UK-India: Next steps towards greater partnerships’ — organised by CII in collaboration with Confederation of British Industry and the University College of London.
The 16-member CII delegation would be led by its president and vice chairman Tata Steel, B. Muthuraman. It is slated to meet leading government officials, including Vince Cable, secretary of state for business, and Lord Stephen Green, minister for trade and investment.
“The annual CEOs mission serves to deepen economic cooperation in key sectors such as infrastructure, manufacturing and services as well as innovation and skills development,” said Chandrajit Banerjee, director general, CII.
Others in the 16-member delegation include Adi Godrej, president-designate CII and Godrej Group chairman, Chandrajit Banerjee, director general CII, Sunil Kant Munjal, chairman of Hero Corporate Services, and Atul Punj, chairman of Punj Lloyd Ltd.
CII conducts its annual CEOs mission to Britain under its India Business Forum, which was set up in 2009 in partnership with the Indian High Commission and has 53 members till date.
Around 700 Indian companies have business operations in UK with aggregate trade between both countries touching $14.4 billion in 2010.
- Anand Sharma to inaugurate India show in Ethiopia - May 18, 2011
- Muthuraman elected new CII president - Apr 11, 2011
- Anand Sharma heads for Pakistan with 150-strong business team - Feb 12, 2012
- Adi Godrej is new CII president - Apr 18, 2012
- CII offers to push Nepal's economic development - Apr 06, 2012
- B Muthuraman takes over as new CII president, Adi Godrej elected CII president designate - Apr 11, 2011
- Muthuraman to co-chair finance committee at B20 summit - Nov 01, 2011
- Pranab to address US-India economic summit Monday - Jun 26, 2011
- India Inc says cheers to surprise interest rates cut (Second Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- India-Israel joint venture capital fund proposed - Nov 03, 2010
- Trade between India, Japan set to rise: Envoy - Jul 10, 2011
- India, China must raise trade, investment for stronger ties - Aug 19, 2010
- Cluster scheme to boost electronics manufacturing: CII - Jul 05, 2012
- Singapore invites Indian investment in education and health - Jul 11, 2012
- Plan panel member calls for rebuilding trust in business - Nov 11, 2011
Tags: adi godrej, business delegation, confederation of british industry, confederation of indian industry, economic cooperation, forum uk, godrej group, group chairman, india business forum, indian delegation, indian high commission, member delegation, punj lloyd ltd, sunil kant munjal, tata steel, trade ties, uk business leaders, uk india, university college of london, vince cable