Indian cricketers to donate gear if they win Kolkata TestNovember 17th, 2011 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 16 (IANS) The Indian cricketers would donate their cricketing gears for the proposed cricket museum at the Eden Gardens if the team wins the ongoing test against the West Indies here, a Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) official said Wednesday. If India defeat the Caribbeans, it will be their 75th Test win on home soil.
“If India win the match it will be our 75th Test win on home soil. Keeping that in mind we had requested the Indian team to donate some memorabilia like their cricketing gear for the proposed museum,” CAB Joint Secretary Biswarup Dey told IANS.
“The Indian teams has informed us that they are willing to donate their cricketing gear for the upcoming museum,” Dey said.
The equipment will be displayed in the section “India’s 75th Test win at Home”, he added.
India have established a vice-like grip in the Test, with West Indies still requiring 283 runs to avoid an innings defeat after having scored 195/3 at the end of day three.
- After 100th ton, Sachin to donate bat to Eden Gardens - Nov 17, 2011
- Mamata's tryst with the Eden - Nov 17, 2011
- Poor ticket sales for Eden Test - Nov 12, 2011
- Didi comes to Eden, says victory is hers! - Nov 17, 2011
- Tendulkar unhappy with Eden sight screen, CAB agrees to increase height - Nov 12, 2011
- Dalmiya has a challenger in Samar Pal for top CAB post - Jul 21, 2012
- India will win in West Indies, but England will be tough: Ganguly - Jun 03, 2011
- West Indies battling to save match, series - Nov 16, 2011
- Kapil wants Sachin to retire immediately - Feb 20, 2012
- Harbhajan strikes maiden century as first Test ends in draw (Ahmedabad Test highlights) - Nov 08, 2010
- India humiliate West Indies at Eden, lead series 2-0 - Nov 17, 2011
- England maintain lead in Test rankings, India slip to 5th - Jul 14, 2012
- Webster to boost West Indies morale ahead of second Test - Jun 27, 2011
- Giant screens across Kolkata for IPL's top draw - May 02, 2012
- West Indies on right track: Head coach Gibson - Aug 10, 2012