Indian community in Qatar comes in for praiseSeptember 22nd, 2008 - 5:01 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 22 (IANS) The expatriate Indian community in Qatar has been praised for its law-abiding nature and general attitude and behaviour by Qatar’s Minister for Labour Sultan Hassan Al-Dhabit Al-Dousari.The minister said that despite being present in huge numbers in Qatar, Indians posed the least problems in the country.
His comments came in the course of a farewell meeting with outgoing Indian Ambassador to Qatar George Joseph, the Gulf Times reported.
Qatar is home to around 420,000 expatriate Indians.
Al-Dousari also hailed the community for its contributions to Qatar’s economy and development, while particularly mentioning the varied education and skills the Indians possessed.
The minister said that with the signing of an additional protocol to the 25-year-old labour welfare pact between India and Qatar, relations between the two countries were bound to improve further.
Ambassador Joseph will be leaving Qatar next month to take up his new assignment as India’s envoy to Lebanon.
- UAE leaders meet foreign counterparts - Jan 03, 2012
- Indians now number around 420,000 in Qatar - Aug 07, 2008
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' - Apr 07, 2012
- 'Qatar needs to ensure better protection of Indian workers' (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Indian envoy to UAE meets Ras Al Khaimah ruler - Jun 06, 2012
- India's envoy to Belgium holds get-to-know reception - Sep 11, 2012
- UAE, Lebanon discuss cooperation in education sector - Oct 21, 2011
- Pakistan, Qatar to cooperate in energy, trade - Feb 07, 2012
- India, Qatar deepen energy ties, seek to promote investments (News Analysis) - Apr 13, 2012
- Oman readies to welcome Manmohan, trade and energy top agenda - Nov 07, 2008
- Had a beautiful experience in India: Roemer - May 24, 2011
- Indians in Saudi Arabia excited over PM visit - Feb 27, 2010
- US assures India of full probe into gurdwara shooting - Aug 06, 2012
- India hopes dialogue will settle all issues in Bahrain - Mar 30, 2011
- Antony meets Indian diaspora in Omam - May 18, 2010