Indian Coast Guard inspects M.V.Prabhu DayaMarch 6th, 2012 - 12:51 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 6 (IANS) The Indian Coast Guard has begun inspecting the suspect hit-and-run cargo ship M.V.Prabhu Daya at the outer anchorage of the Chennai Port, an officer said Tuesday.
The inspection is being conducted by a Coast Guard team from Kerala, the officer told IANS.
The M.V.Prabhu Daya reached the outer anchorage of the Chennai Port late Monday night, a port official said.
The ship is suspected to be involved in the the March 1 accident off the Kerala coast in which three fishermen on board a fishing vessel, Don-1, were killed.
The accident happened off Manakodam light house, 20 nautical miles off the Kochi harbour entrance.
Don-1 had left Kollam for deep sea fishing with seven fishermen on board Feb 26.
Indian shipping authorities suspect the M.V. Prabhu Daya as it did not respond to the Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCC) out of the eight ships that were near the accident area.
M.V. Prabhu Daya is a 52,822 DWT 2001-built bulk carrier that sails under the Singaporean flag. The vessel was enroute from Panaji to Singapore.
- MV Prabhu Daya enroute to Chennai, missing man rescued - Mar 05, 2012
- Probe report on boat hit-and-run likely Thursday - Mar 07, 2012
- Man on board M.V.Prabhu Daya missing - Mar 04, 2012
- Kerala boat hit-and-run: Cargo ship sailor arrested - Mar 08, 2012
- M.V. Prabhu Daya crew charged in fishing boat ramming - Mar 07, 2012
- Singapore ship suspected in Kerala boat accident - Mar 04, 2012
- Body recovered from boat wreck off Kerala coast - Mar 05, 2012
- Probe ordered in Kerala marine hit-and-run accident - Mar 01, 2012
- Mid-sea collision: Ship captain sent to judicial custody - Mar 14, 2012
- Two more get bail in ship hit-and-run case - Apr 10, 2012
- Kerala court grants bail to captain of Prabhu Daya vessel - Apr 03, 2012
- Third official of Prabhu Daya taken into custody - Mar 15, 2012
- Probe ordered into Italian ship firing on Indian fishermen - Feb 16, 2012
- My son was thrown out of MV Prabhu Daya: Father - Mar 08, 2012
- Off Mumbai, coast not clear of maritime disasters - Aug 09, 2011
Tags: authorities, bulk carrier, cargo ship, chennai port, coast guard, daya, deep sea fishing, fishermen, indian shipping, kerala coast, kochi, march 1, maritime rescue, monday night, nautical miles, outer anchorage, panaji, prabhu, rescue coordination centre, sails