Indian boxers to return from world meet TuesdayOctober 10th, 2011 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 10 (IANS) The Indian boxing contingent will return from Baku, Azerbaijan Tuesday after a satisfactory show at the World Championships where Vikas Krishan won a bronze and four pugilists, including him, qualified for the 2012 London Olympics.
Asian Games gold medallist Krishan (69kg) bagged a bronze in the 69-kg category besides booking a ticket to London.
Jai Bhagwan (60kg), Manoj Kumar (64kg) and Devendro Singh (49kg) bowed out in the quarterfinals stage but made the cut for the Olympics next year.
- World Boxing Championships: Krishan settles for bronze - Oct 08, 2011
- Akhil, Vijender to lead charge in World Boxing Championship - Aug 18, 2011
- World Boxing meet: Vikas lone Indian to reach semis - Oct 06, 2011
- Indian boxers aiming for gold in London Olympics - Jan 20, 2012
- Boxer Vijender qualifies for London Olympics - Apr 08, 2012
- World boxing meet: Devendro, Manoj make it to London Olympics - Oct 04, 2011
- World Boxing meet: Manoj, Devendro lose in quarters - Oct 05, 2011
- World Boxing Championships: Devendro, Jai ease into pre-quarters (Lead) - Oct 03, 2011
- Tricky draw for Indian boxers, Vikas gets a bye - Jul 28, 2012
- Eight boxers to represent Indian at Asian Championships - Jul 21, 2011
- Shiva, Sangwan secure London Olympics berth (Roundup) - Apr 11, 2012
- Shiva youngest Indian boxer to qualify for Olympics - Apr 11, 2012
- Shiva Thapa youngest Indian boxer to qualify for Olympics (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Indians boxers asked to switch to aggressive mode - Apr 02, 2012
- Olympics Preparation: Rs.3.57 crore spent on boxers, Rs.4.73 crore on weightlifters (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012