Indian Army’s armoured regiment honouredOctober 1st, 2011 - 4:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 1 (IANS) The Indian Army’s key battle tanks regiment has been honoured with the army chief’s standard.
Army Chief General V.K. Singh presented the Standards to the 85 Armoured Regiment at Roorkee Cantonment in Uttarakhand at a formal military parade Friday, a release here said.
A mounted parade was held with full military regalia and the event was witnessed, among others, by Western Army Commander Lt. Gen S.R. Ghosh.
The regiment was honoured in recognition of its “dedicated and meritorious” service since its raising Oct 1, 1976.
A premier unit of the armoured corps, 85 Armoured Regiment has participated in all operations undertaken by the Indian Army since its raising.
The regiment has won a Shaurya Chakra, the third highest peacetime gallantry medal, three Sena Medals, 11 Chief of Army Staff Commendation Cards and 21 General Officer Command-in-Chief Commendation Cards.
To mark this occasion, the army chief also released a Special Day Cover, the release added.
- Indian Army chief-designate conferred medal for distinguished service - Apr 17, 2012
- Young Lieutenant wins Ashok Chakra posthumously - Jan 26, 2012
- 3 Kirti Chakras among defence medals conferred by president - Apr 19, 2011
- Three Shaurya Chakras among I-Day gallantry awards - Aug 15, 2011
- Ashoka Chakra for Maj Jyotin Singh (Lead) - Aug 14, 2010
- Standard presentation to 46-Armoured Regiment by President Patil - Oct 17, 2008
- President presents standards to five tank regiments - Nov 27, 2011
- Medal for locating Arunachal CM's crashed chopper - Jan 26, 2012
- Army team scales Mount Manaslu - May 09, 2011
- Five armoured corps regiments to get President colours - Oct 18, 2010
- President to present Colours to five-T 90 regiments - Oct 01, 2010
- 74 Medium Regiment celebrates 45th Raising Day - Sep 07, 2009
- President's standards for five tank regiments - Nov 21, 2011
- President Patil awards 'Colours' to five armoured corps regiments - Oct 19, 2010
- Army doctor killed in Kabul attack gets Ashok Chakra - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: armoured corps, armoured regiment, army chief, army commander, army staff, battle tanks, cantonment, chief general, chief of army, commendation, gallantry, indian army, meritorious service, military parade, military regalia, New Delhi, peacetime, sena, uttarakhand, western army