Indian Army vice chief reviews operational preparedness on bordersOctober 19th, 2011 - 11:56 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Oct 19 (IANS) The Indian army vice chief, Lt. Gen. A.S. Lamba, Wednesday reviewed its operational preparedness in Jammu and Kashmir, which borders China, Pakistan-administered Kashmir and Pakistan.
He held a meeting with the Northern Command chief, Lt. Gen. K.T. Parnaik, at the Northern Command headquarters Udhampur Wednesday, according to an army spokesman.
The vice chief, according to the spokesman “discussed the operational preparedness of Northern Command.”
The need for upgradation of infrastructure along the borders, especially along the Line of Actual Control with China in Ladakh region, also came up for discussions.
He also reviewed the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir. The Indian Army is actively involved in anti-insurgency operations in the state battling with Pakistan sponsored terrorism for the past over two decades.
- Army chief reviews Kashmir border security - Feb 09, 2012
- Indian Army reviews operational preparedness along Ladakh border - Oct 03, 2011
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Army chief on first visit to Ladakh - Aug 17, 2012
- Army chief visits Northern Command - May 23, 2012
- Indian army chief visits J&K; - Jun 15, 2012
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
- Army chief witnesses exercise in Ladakh - Apr 20, 2011
- Army chief visits Ladakh - Nov 05, 2011
- Can't rule out more border tunnels: Home secretary - Aug 24, 2012
- Northern army commander visits India-China border, Siachen - Mar 10, 2011
- AFSPA shadow on Jammu Unified Command meet - Nov 04, 2011
- Army's northern command gets new chief - Jan 01, 2011
- Pallam Raju reviews Kashmir security - May 11, 2011
- Indian Army exploring entire gamut of future conflict scenarios - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: actual control, army spokesman, borders, china, command chief, command headquarters, decades, indian army, infrastructure, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, lamba, lt, pakistan, preparedness, security situation, terrorism, upgradation, vice chief