Indian Army lt. col. in soup over Bangladeshi woman’s linkJuly 11th, 2012 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 11 (IANS) An Indian Army lieutenant colonel is in the dock over his links with a Bangladeshi woman on a social networking site, despite the fact that another officer had been caught in an honey trap by her earlier, army sources said Wednesday.
A court of inquiry is currently on against the lieutenant colonel for remaining in touch with the woman, suspected to be an agent of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), and also chatting with her through Facebook.com, a popular social networking site.
The lieutenant colonel belongs to an Armoured Corps unit and is posted in Suratgarh, Rajasthan. He is now facing the court of inquiry, which was ordered after his online activity was monitored by the Intelligence Bureau for a while and later intimated to the army authorities.
The woman had about a year ago allegedly forced another Indian Army officer, who was in training in Dhaka, to spy for the ISI after honey trapping him.
That officer immediately rushed to the Indian mission in Dhaka and confessed to his link with the woman and getting honey trapped, following which he was secretly sent out of the Bangladeshi capital to New Delhi. He too is facing a similar inquiry in that case.
- Himachal BJP seeks resignation of Congress leader Shandil - Jul 14, 2012
- Indian Army officer under scanner after honey-trapped by Pakistan (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Indian Army Lt.Col. honey-trapped by Pakistan - Dec 20, 2011
- Illegal weapons' sale: 27 army officers in the dock - Jul 07, 2011
- Rajasthan clerk held for spying for Pakistan - Dec 20, 2011
- Court dismisses Facebook India plea - May 30, 2012
- Web content case: No relief to Facebook India (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Indian Army to hold summer exercise in Rajasthan desert - Feb 26, 2012
- Gilani dismisses Pakistani defence secretary (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Bangladesh coup attempt foiled (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Bangladeshi nationals held in Agartala - Mar 17, 2011
- One more ISI agent held along Tripura border - Oct 30, 2010
- Indian Army, air force practice enemy annihilation - May 12, 2011
- Gilani sacks defence secretary, takes on army (Intro Night Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Gilani sacks Defence Secretary, takes on army (Night Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: armoured corps, army authorities, army lieutenant, army lt, army sources, bangladeshi woman, dhaka, honey trap, indian army, indian army officer, intelligence bureau, inter services, isi, lieutenant colonel, New Delhi, pakistan, rajasthan, social networking site