Indian Army chief to visit BhutanJune 4th, 2010 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 4 (IANS) Indian Army Chief Gen. V.K. Singh will arrive in Bhutan next week on a five-day visit, official sources said Friday.
This will be Singh’s first official foreign visit after he took over as the head of 1.3 million-strong Indian Army March 31.
During his June 7-11 visiti, the army chief is expected to meet Bhutan King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, the sources said.
He will also have a meeting with his Bhutanese counterpart Maj. Gen. Batoo Tshering.
India is Bhutan’s largest trade partner and has contributed generously to its infrastructural development.
India also provides military training to the Bhutanese forces and maintains a permanent military training presence in the Himalayan Kingdom.
In fact, Singh was an instructor in the Indian Military Training Team (IMTRAT) headquarters in Bhutan.
- Bhutan Army chief in India - Mar 14, 2012
- Special train for Bhutan royal couple - Oct 25, 2011
- Bhutan King meets President Pratibha Patil in New Delhi - Oct 22, 2010
- India rolls out red carpet for Bhutan's royal couple - Oct 24, 2011
- Bhutan's newly-wed royal couple heading to India - Oct 21, 2011
- Bhutan PM to carry home Buddha's relics - Oct 01, 2011
- India to contribute Rs.15 crores for education development in Bhutan - Feb 07, 2011
- Bhutan's king in India next week - Dec 17, 2009
- India opens new culture cell in Bhutan - Sep 21, 2010
- Bhutan to help promote tourism in Bihar - May 06, 2011
- Bhutan King Wangchuck meets PM, signs several agreements - Dec 22, 2009
- Bhutan King meets Prime Minister Manmohan Singh - Oct 20, 2010
- Mathai in Thimphu, India highlights special ties - Aug 18, 2011
- Lawrence School invites Bhutan royals - Oct 21, 2011
- Meira Kumar to address Bhutanese parliament Friday - May 25, 2010
Tags: army chief, batoo, bhutan, counterpart, development india, himalayan kingdom, indian army, infrastructural development, king jigme khesar namgyel wangchuck, military training, New Delhi, presence, trade partner