Indian Army arrests Pakistani soldier in JammuJuly 12th, 2012 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 12 (IANS) The Indian Army Thursday arrested a Pakistani soldier, Arif Khan, who crossed the Line of Control (LoC) in the Keri sector of Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district, army sources said.
The soldier, a sepoy, is being questioned, the sources said.
They said the soldier was arrested when he was approaching the fence along the LoC. On being questioned, he disclosed that he was a regular in the Pakistani Army.
Th army will hand him over to the Jammu and Kashmir Police once his questioning is over, the sources said.
- Pakistani soldier repatriated - Jul 13, 2012
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Cross-Kashmir trade mired in problems - Dec 04, 2011
- Pakistan Army returns two Indian teenagers (Lead) - May 29, 2011
- Pakistan Army returns two Indian teenagers - May 29, 2011
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Hizbul militant surrenders with family in Kashmir - Aug 29, 2010
- Indian, Pakistani troops battle on Kashmir border - Jun 19, 2012
- Army foils infiltration bid, arrests one - Feb 23, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- 450 terrorists waiting to enter India, says army - Oct 25, 2010
- Pakistani caught while crossing LoC - Apr 09, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011