Indian American shot dead in Silicon Valley (Lead)November 16th, 2008 - 2:02 am ICT by IANS
San Francisco, Nov 16 (IANS) Sid Agrawal, an Indian American CEO of a semi-conductor company, was shot dead by his ex-employee at his office in Santa Clara Friday afternoon, police said, adding the killer was still at large.A massive manhunt has been launched to arrest the assailant, Jing Wu, 47, who the Santa Clara police said was still absconding along with his silver Mercury Mariner SUV, having California license plate No. 6CJU602.
“No arrest has been made so far. Search is still on,” Santa Clara police spokesperson Lt. Michael Sellers said.
Details of the suspect and his vehicle have been released in the local media and people have been requested to inform the police immediately if they see them, he added.
A case of triple-homicide has been registered against Jing Wu, a person of Chinese origin.
Sellers said Jing Wu was laid off and that appeared to be the logical reason for the motive behind this murder. “But without actually talking to him, we can’t arrive at a definite conclusion,” he said.
Jing Wu, who was laid off by SiPort Inc, a semi-conductor company based in Santa Clara, California, within the past two days, however, is understood to have not left the country, the spokesperson said.
An electrical engineer from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, Agrawal was the CEO and director of SiPort, when gunned down by his former employee.
Brian Pugh, vice-president of the company, along with another woman was gunned down in this shooting spree. While the name of the women victim has not been released, pending clearance from the relatives, Sellers confirmed she did not seem to be of Indian origin, based on her last name.
This is the second such incident in a month involving an IIT graduate. Last month, Karthik Rajaram, an IITian who lost his job, shot dead his wife, three sons and his mother-in-law.
“This is a rare, shocking incident. We did not had any homicide like this recently in the city,” said the spokesperson.
- Indian American CEO shot dead in Silicon Valley - Nov 15, 2008
- Killer of Indian American CEO arrested - Nov 16, 2008
- Indian American CEO's killer faces death penalty - Nov 20, 2008
- Six killed in California family shooting - Mar 30, 2009
- Faridabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Incest man killed by kin - Mar 20, 2012
- BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Two charged with murder slain in Bolivia by mob - Aug 16, 2012
- Six dead in US murder-suicide, Indian passport found - Mar 31, 2009
- Management graduate held for Rs.1 crore extortion bid - Nov 22, 2011
- Breakthrough promises cheap biosolar energy - Feb 03, 2012
- 'Purified' silicon nudges quantum computing ahead - Jun 11, 2012
- Hollywood sues Indian American for selling films online - Apr 05, 2011
- HRD ministry calls IIT meet on common entrance test (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Former Enron CEO's Son Found Dead In His California Apartment - Feb 04, 2011