Indian American held for threatening to blow up Mumbai-New York flightOctober 30th, 2008 - 1:17 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 30 (IANS) An Indian American was held at the Mumbai Airport after he threatened to blow up Air India Mumbai-Paris-Newark Flight A-191 here Thursday morning, according to an airline spokesman.The airport security was summoned and the person, an Indian resident of New Jersey was offloaded. The officials have not disclosed his identity yet.
All the passengers on board are safe and were ordered to vacate the aircraft while investigations were conducted.
The flight finally took off at 11 a.m., almost three hours behind schedule, the official told IANS.
- Air India flight makes emergency landing in Pakistan (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 09, 2012
- India-Europe flights unaffected as of now - May 25, 2011
- Spicejet flight makes precautionary landing - Apr 13, 2012
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, four flights cancelled (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Snag grounds Jetlite flight - May 02, 2012
- Air India flight cancelled, pilots 'sick' - May 08, 2012
- Air India crisis: 10 pilots sacked, court steps in (Third Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India crisis: 26 pilots sacked, court steps in (Fourth Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Mumbai-bound plane hit by bird, lands safely - Oct 21, 2010
- Nine pilots sacked, eight flights cancelled (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Stranded Air India passengers to land in Delhi by 3 p.m. (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Mumbai airport main runway shut till 11 p.m. Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Indian American jailed for sexual abuse on plane - Aug 16, 2011
- Court steps in to normalise Air India operations (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012