Indian American charged with killing wifeApril 8th, 2008 - 8:20 pm ICT by admin
New York, April 8 (IANS) An Indian American here has been charged with fatally stabbing his wife and slashing his seven-year-old daughter’s left arm, the police said Tuesday. Balbir Singh, 34, was arrested at his home in Queens Borough Sunday night after a neighbour in the same apartment building called the police to report hearing a commotion.
When officers arrived, they found Singh’s 29-year-old wife, Kulwinder Kaur, with four stab wounds to her torso and their daughter Bubita Rani bleeding from her arm. Rani is said to have come to her mother’s aid.
Kaur and Rani were rushed to hospital, where Kaur was pronounced dead. Rani required 11 stitches and was said to be stable Monday.
Singh has been charged with murder and criminal possession of a weapon.
The motive for the attack was unclear, the police said, adding that the Singh family had no history of domestic complaints.
- In melee, wife unable to meet Surjeet (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Jun 28, 2012
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sarabjit and Surjeet: Shock in one home, joy in another (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Punjab man murdered in Melbourne - Apr 23, 2011
- Surjeet met by children, to meet wife later - Jun 28, 2012
- Woman stabs fiance to death - Aug 13, 2012
- Great Khali's mother-in-law arrested in Punjab - Dec 19, 2009
- Two elderly women stabbed to death by robbers in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- More arrests likely in Punjab honour killing - Jul 25, 2010
- Badal government's lone woman minister convicted, jailed (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Man kills wife nagging him to give up drugs - Feb 22, 2012
- Man stabbed to death over Rs.60 - Dec 25, 2011
- Shawntina Burston pleads not guilty to murdering her husband - Feb 01, 2011
- Briton cuts puppy's throat during booze binge - Apr 14, 2012
- Women's hockey team for Commonwealth Games announced - Aug 30, 2010