Indian American CEO’s killer faces death penaltyNovember 20th, 2008 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Silicon Valley, Nov 20 (IANS) Jing Hua Wu, a Chinese-origin test engineer, has been formally charged with murdering Indian American CEO Sid Agrawal and two other top officials of SiPort Inc, the company that fired the assailant NOv 14, the day of the killings.Jing, 47, was brought before the Santa Clara County Superior Court Wednesday. During the brief hearing, the assailant, arrested by police within 24 hours of his shooting down the three top officials, did not utter any word, except for saying “Yes” to confirm his name.
Kept in the mental ward of the prison, Jing now faces either life imprisonment without parole or death penalty, the prosecutors said. His judicial custody has been extended till Dec 18.
Neither the immediate family members of the assailant nor those of the three victims were present during the court hearing.
“They (victim’s family) were occupied with the sad business of arranging or attending funerals,” the Bay Area newspaper Mercury News reported.
Besides Agrawal, 56, the other two officials of SiPort Inc, maker of mobile chips, who were shot dead by Jing last Friday were: Marilyn Lewis, 67, head of human resources, and Brian Pugh, 47, vice-president of operations. Agrawal was the co-founder and CEO of SiPort Inc, which was established a few years ago.
Jing was fired apparently due to his “poor performance”.
The police have not yet disclosed the motive for the murder.
Meanwhile, the local media reported that a huge crowd of mourners gathered at Agrawal’s funeral even though his family had requested that the funeral service would be private.
- Killer of Indian American CEO arrested - Nov 16, 2008
- Indian American shot dead in Silicon Valley (Lead) - Nov 16, 2008
- Indian American CEO shot dead in Silicon Valley - Nov 15, 2008
- Property dealer shot dead in Ghaziabad - Dec 24, 2011
- MQM leader's burial in Karachi sparks shutdown, violence - Nov 06, 2010
- Six killed in California family shooting - Mar 30, 2009
- Funeral home attacked with fire bombs in Mexico - Mar 02, 2011
- BJP legislator sent to 14 days custody (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Jewellers stage protest in Mumbai - Apr 12, 2012
- Guards open fire at Rabbani's funeral - Sep 23, 2011
- Three shot dead on Uttar Pradesh highway - Jul 03, 2012
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died of respiratory arrest, death certificate shows - Oct 11, 2011