India ‘well prepared’ in case of war: AntonyApril 10th, 2012 - 1:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 10 (IANS) India is well prepared to defend itself in the face of a war, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said Tuesday, dismissing as “rumours” reports about shortage of ammunition for the armed forces.
“These are all rumours that ammunition only for four days is left in the stock. India is well prepared,” Antony told reporters on the sidelines of an Indian Air Force (IAF) function here.
He was asked about reports that a parliamentary panel was informed by senior IAF and army officers that stocks of certain types of tank munitions were down to four days of reserves. This follows the leaked letter army chief Gen V.K. Singh wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, referring to serious gaps in India’s defence preparedness.
But the defence minister denied any gaps in the preparedness of the armed forces. “I can assure that India is fully prepared. On the whole, the Indian armed forces are better prepared to face challenges.” he said.
- India well prepared in case of war: Antony (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Parliament panel concurs with Indian Army chief on arms shortages - Apr 30, 2012
- Response to army chief's letter at appropriate time: Antony - Mar 28, 2012
- We're bridging gaps in armed forces capabilities: Pallam Raju - Mar 28, 2012
- Treat leak of letter as high treason: army chief (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- Congress questions leak of army chief's letter - Mar 28, 2012
- Leak of army chief's letter is anti-national: Antony - Mar 29, 2012
- Army chief row gets uglier, government promises strongest action (Roundup) - Mar 29, 2012
- No public debate on defence issues, say government and opposition (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Army chief a frustrated man: Vayalar Ravi - Mar 28, 2012
- Army chief's letter, Telangana rock parliament - Mar 28, 2012
- Armed forces prepared for any challenge: V.K. Singh - May 30, 2012
- MPs question defence ministry, army on 'coup' reports - Apr 04, 2012
- Reduce dependence on foreign firms, says army chief - Mar 30, 2012
- Government, opposition unite; say no public debate on defence issues (Second Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,