India welcomes US reward for LeT chief’s captureApril 3rd, 2012 - 12:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 3 (IANS) India Tuesday welcomed an American notification announcing a bounty of $10 million for Mumbai terror attack mastermind and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) chief Hafiz Saeed, who is continuing his tirade against India from Pakistani soil.
“India welcomes the US notification under the Rewards for Justice Programme,” ministry of external affairs spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin said here.
This US announcement “reflects the commitment of India and the US to bring perpetrators of the Mumbai terrorist attacks to justice and continuing efforts to combat terrorism”, Akbaruddin said.
It sends a strong signal to the LeT as also its members and patrons that the international community remains united in combating terrorism, he added.
The American announcement of the reward for capture or information leading to Saeed’s capture came from US Under Secretary of State Wendy Sherman, who conveyed the same to Indian Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai Monday.
The US also announced a $3 million bounty on Saeed’s brother Hafiz Abdul Rehman Makki.
- 26/11 justice: India hails US $10 mn bounty for Hafiz Saeed (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- 'World recognises Pakistan shelters terrorist masterminds' - Apr 03, 2012
- Ahead of Zardari visit, India ups pressure over Hafiz Saeed (Roundup) - Apr 03, 2012
- Hafiz supporters rant against India - Apr 07, 2012
- Manmohan-Zardari meeting: India to press for action against Saeed - Apr 03, 2012
- US envoy denies meeting Hafiz Saeed - May 10, 2012
- US can contact me whenever they want: Hafiz Saeed - Apr 04, 2012
- Pakistan not doing enough on Mumbai attack: Clinton - May 07, 2012
- India hopes Pakistan can take action against Saeed - Apr 03, 2012
- Bring 26/11 attackers to justice, Manmohan tells Zardari - Apr 08, 2012
- $10 mn bounty on me for opposing NATO supplies: Hafiz Saeed - Apr 03, 2012
- US under secretary praises Nitish Kumar for 'positive change' in Bihar - Apr 03, 2012
- Can't act against Saeed without evidence: Pakistan - Apr 06, 2012
- Clinton's visit: India, US to discuss Afghanistan, Iran, n-deal (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Insufficient evidence to arrest Hafiz Saeed: Gilani - May 13, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,