India warns Pakistan against ceasefire violationsMay 15th, 2011 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 15 (IANS) India Sunday warned Pakistan against ceasefire violations on the international border in Jammu and Kashmir, Border Security Force (BSF) officials said.
The stern message was delivered to Pakistani Rangers by BSF officers at a flag meeting on the border in Ranbirsingh Pora sector in Jammu and Kashmir Sunday after two incidents of ceasefire violations on the international border since Saturday evening, BSF sources said.
Sources said that the Indian side made it amply clear to Pakistani Rangers that their action of heightening tensions on the borders would not be tolerated and the Indian side reserved the right to respond in kind.
A BSF trooper was killed in firing from Pakistan at the Budhwar post in the sector Saturday evening. The second ceasefire violation took place Sunday morning.
“We replied in kind on both the occasions,” said BSF Inspector General (Jammu Frontier) Siddarth Chattopadhyaya. “Medium machineguns and mortars were fired during the exchange of gunfire on the international border,” he said
- BSF trooper hurt in Pakistani firing - Jul 21, 2010
- One soldier killed after India, Pakistan exchange border fire - May 15, 2011
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- BSF trooper killed in cross border firing in Jammu - Aug 17, 2012
- Pakistani Rangers fire on Indian post on Independence Day - Aug 15, 2012
- BSF trooper killed on India-Pakistan border - May 14, 2011
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again, BSF trooper killed - Jul 07, 2010
- BSF trooper injured in firing by Pakistani Rangers - Dec 30, 2011
- Tension on Jammu frontier has eased: BSF - Jan 29, 2011
- Trooper killed in firing from Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 06, 2010
- Pakistan Army, Rangers fire on Indian posts on LoC, border (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Pakistan violates ceasefire, BSF jawan injured - Jul 21, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at Indian posts - Oct 27, 2010
Tags: border security force, borders, bsf, ceasefire violations, frontier, gunfire, inspector general, international border, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir border, machineguns, mortars, occasions, pakistan, pakistani rangers, saturday evening, stern message, sunday morning, tensions