India-US meet to explore mutual business opportunitiesMay 15th, 2012 - 12:19 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, May 15 (IANS) A 40-member business delegation from India will explore business opportunities in information technology, energy, aerospace and defence, telecommunications and mobile during the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) Summit here May 22-25.
Hosted by Fairfax County, a Washington suburb in Virginia and Fairfax-based George Mason University, the summit for US-India Trade & Economics (SUITE 2012) will be the third IACC summit in the US and the first outside New York City.
During SUITE 2012, attendees will meet with senior US government commerce and trade officials and Indian government officials in Washington, DC.
They will also tour Fairfax County facilities and communities and network with Indian-American business leaders whose businesses have invested and created jobs in Fairfax County.
“SUITE 2012 will provide an opportunity for the Indian business community to explore and leverage potential synergies with the US as a strategic business partner,” said R.K. Chopra, secretary general of the IACC.
“Fairfax County-with its vibrant business community focusing on IT, telecom, defence, aerospace and energy efficiency management-has provided us with an excellent platform to develop and expand business relationships with the US”
“I am honoured to welcome the IACC delegation to Fairfax County and Virginia,” said Gerald L. Gordon, president and CEO, Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA), a supporting partner for the summit.
“Indian companies develop world-class products and services, and we are delighted to have the opportunity to show off Fairfax County as a great location for them to locate and expand in the US market,” he said.
More than two dozen companies from India have a presence in Fairfax County.
(Arun Kumar can be contacted at email@example.com)
- Fairfax County in US beckons India Inc to invest - Nov 06, 2009
- US Congressional team to focus on trade, defence in India - Jan 06, 2012
- Business-friendly Gujarat appeals to US firms - Jul 14, 2012
- 'India-US trade at $100 bn in three years' - May 10, 2011
- US-India business conclave to boost commercial ties - Jun 20, 2011
- Obama to attend Nov 6 business summit in Mumbai - Oct 05, 2010
- Probe reopened into gold burglaries in Indian homes - Jul 22, 2010
- Nikki Haley spreads welcome mat for Indian companies - Mar 07, 2012
- US state seeks Indian investment in IT, energy - Nov 16, 2011
- Five Indian ministers at Toronto's mini-PBD - May 30, 2011
- Indian American named business head in rich US county - Sep 14, 2011
- Top US firms embark on sales mission to India - Jan 14, 2011
- Gold burglar targeting South Asians gets 46 months - Jan 29, 2011
- Major meets in US to woo investors to India - Sep 04, 2011
- US business seeks free high-tech trade with India - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: american business leaders, american chamber of commerce, arun kumar, business delegation, business relationships, county economic development, defence aerospace, economic development authority, fairfax county economic development authority, george mason university, government commerce, india trade, indian business, indian government officials, indo american, member business, mutual business, trade officials, vibrant business community, washington suburb